News   Apr 02, 2020
 5.2K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 1.5K     0 

2021/22 Edmonton Oilers

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Holy crap... season ticket holders had an 'opportunity' to acquire more playoff package seats today and boy oh boy did they get snapped up quickly.

TAS

Member Bio
Reaction score
Definitely seems like some good chemistry from this group now and the lines Woodcroft has solidified and certainly solid goaltending.

I also hope Kris Russell continues to stay in the line up and performs well - always been one of my favorite Oilers.

The 7D format seems to be working well with McDavid and Drai getting extra time on 4th line.

Also good to see Nurse turning it around after a rough stretch and some uncharacteristic mistakes.

Last edited:

Avenuer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Definitely seems like some good chemistry from this group now and the lines Woodcroft has solidified and certainly solid goaltending.

I also hope Chris Russell continues to stay in the line up and performs well - always been one of my favorite Oilers.

The 7D format seems to be working well with McDavid and Drai getting extra time on 4th line.

Also good to see Nurse turning it around after a rough stretch and some uncharacteristic mistakes.
Kris Russell should stay in the lineup as a 7th defensemen in my opinion, as there are 6 better Dmen in front of him - Nurse, Ceci, Bouchard, Barrie, Kulak and Broberg (him over Keith any day). I'd actually take Russell over Keith too.

TravellingChris

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here's hoping McDavid can get to 50 goals. It'd be a milestone for him, and he may need that goal cushion if it comes down to a tie with Huberdeau on points for the Art Ross.

I'd love to see Draisatl challenge for the Rocket Richard, but I think Matthews has that sewn up.

TravellingChris

Member Bio
Reaction score
When it comes to sports, I sometimes think that Edmonton has more critics than it has fans. Is 'armchair quarterback' a term that can be applied to hockey?
That's the reality of a Canadian market, in which the NHL club is the Cadillac franchise. This is why a lot of players and managers prefer to ply their trade in a U.S. city where the NHL is much lower on the pecking order.

There are very few cities in the U.S. where NHL hockey is as closely analyzed and followed as in Canadian markets. Detroit probably, and perhaps Columbus and San Jose where the NHL is the only major league sport.

TravellingChris

Member Bio
Reaction score
NYR is a serious market, as are Chicago and Boston.
I'm not saying that those cities don't support their teams, I'm saying that they are still WELL down on the pecking order. It's hard to argue that the Bruins are a more prestige property than the Celtics or Red Sox, or that the Rangers get more attention and love than the Knicks, Giants or Jets. The problem with U.S. markets is that the NHL is generally of less interest than the NFL (the sports goliath), the NBA or MLB, depending on the time of year.

While the Original Six are fine where they are, there are plenty of clubs that are so ignored locally that no one pays any attention unless they are winning (the Coyotes, Hurricanes, the Panthers and the former Atlanta Thrashers come to mind). The fact that the Coyotes will be playing next season in a 5000 seat arena begged/borrowed from a local university should tell you all you need to know about the viability of Arizona as a hockey market.