News   Apr 02, 2020
 5.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 1.5K     0 

2021/22 Edmonton Oilers

Edmontonian

Member Bio
Reaction score
What a crazy game tonight at Rogers Place as the Oilers get their 3rd straight W with a final score of 7-5.

We started off the game super well, probably our best start to a matchup all year long. In the first 4 and a half minutes we kept Detroit to under 10 seconds in our zone and established a 3-0 lead off of 6 shots. We were flying and looking ready to blowout a Detroit team who has been majorly struggling over this past month. However, the young wings put some heart behind it and came back from 4-1 with 2 minutes left in the 2nd all the way to 4-4, and then 5-5. The goals against in the 3rd period were simply Koskinen being overworked, I don't blame him because he's been great for us for a long period now, and he was honestly great in this game, after we took a 3-0 lead we kind of let Detroit walk all over us, and he held up strong. However at the end of the day, Koskinen is an above average backup goalie (or fringe starter), thats all he was meant to be, it's not his fault that Peter Chiarelli signed him to a starting goalies salary, he is a backup goalie and he is a very good backup goalie. We have 4 years of evidence that after 3-4 straight starts Koskinen tends to become shaky, and we saw that tonight. With all that being said, the Oilers got the 2 pts, thats what matters and with losses from both the Vegas Golden Knights and Dallas Stars we strengthen our position in the playoffs.

Next game is Thursday against the Buffalo Sabres, a game we should win, however the thing about the Oilers is they often lose games they are expected to win, lets hope for the best!

Gronk!

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's high time the Oilers acquire some goaltending help if Stuart Skinner is not ready to be a starting goalie. Mikko Koskinen is a backup goalie, Mike Smith is all but done and Alex Stalock was traded to San Jose for future considerations. But they should avoid paying an arm and a leg for a rental.

Edmontonian

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's high time the Oilers acquire some goaltending help if Stuart Skinner is not ready to be a starting goalie. Mikko Koskinen is a backup goalie, Mike Smith is all but done and Alex Stalock was traded to San Jose for future considerations. But they should avoid paying an arm and a leg for a rental.
The market isn't looking great for goalies, Fleury and Varlamov won't waive their NTC for Edmonton, James Reimer is hurt, Martin Jones is no better than what we have, and it has to be money in money out. Koskinen is the best we got, I'd prefer we play Skinner over Smith but management doesn't seem keen on doing so. Goalie problem won't be solved until the offseason, might not even be solved then looking at the position Holland has put this team in.

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Incredible what the Oilers are doing/not doing/doing/not doing.

It's mid-March Edmonton.

Jesus

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Right handed aggressive D guy.

Also decent win yesterday and good comeback. Mikko held up and the big guys came through.

Gronk!

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm perfectly fine with the Oilers standing pat after the trade deadline. It's an absolute madhouse with the other teams!

Avenuer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Lagesson and a 2nd round pick for Kulak.
I don't know what Kenny is smoking but that's a huge overpay if you ask me.
Well Kulak is better than Lagesson and can help the team now going into the playoffs, so I think it's a good move. Overpay? Maybe a little but it's always a seller's market at the trade deadline.

Gronk!

Member Bio
Reaction score
Oilers acquired Philadelphia Flyers forward Derick Brassard in exchange for a fourth-round draft pick