News   Apr 02, 2020
 5.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 1.5K     0 

2021/22 Edmonton Oilers

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
It’s definitely a wait and see situation. Mcdavid spoke on the matter indifferent to the concerns. If the team is willing to support him and give him a final chance then that’s what is most important.

Still; a bad take on the organization’s part. It feels like fan attention to the team is at an all time low, and the happenings of the last little while and this isn’t what’s needed to get attention back on the team. They’re at risk of facing a half filled arena.
McDavid 'spoke' but it looked forced and awkward. He is someone of extremely high integrity and my guess is that this goes against much of his own personal feelings.

Stevey_G

Member Bio
Reaction score
McDavid 'spoke' but it looked forced and awkward. He is someone of extremely high integrity and my guess is that this goes against much of his own personal feelings.
Mcdavid always looks a bit forced and awkward; but it's a good point that he's not gonna speak out externally against these decisions. I personally wouldn't either.

Remember when we onboarded the guy who broke his collarbone? Didn't say much there either.

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
The real question (aside from Kane) is how are we are going to work together as a team and raise our level of compete and accountability.

Period.

Edmontonian

Member Bio
Reaction score
The real question (aside from Kane) is how are we are going to work together as a team and raise our level of compete and accountability.

Period.
Get a coach who does those things!

Oh wait... Holland has never fired a coach mid-season in his entire career and has no intention of doing so this year either.

Maybe McDavid and Draisaitl can both score at the best rate in over 20 years and we can get back into the win column and then lose in the first round where teams can be more aggressive on them, ice time has to be better watched, powerplays are less frequent and less effective and their fatigue becomes twice as important!

But don't worry, Evander Kane is here to save the day!

We are witnessing an Edmonton Oilers masterclass right here.

Gronk!

Member Bio
Reaction score
On a more immediate note, Stu will be the goalie for the game tomorrow. Mike Smith is injured (again) while Mikko Koskinen has all but played his way off the team.

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Well then.

Up 3-1... lose 6-4.

Good amount of shots, pressure, missed opportunities.

Awful D, awful. Positioning was horrific and left Skinner exposed, but that said... 5 on 24 is unacceptable, period.

Elliot shared something tonight that was intriguing... 'there will be consequences if the Oilers do not make the playoffs'. I read that is the clock is very much ticking on McDavid's time in Edmonton.

Stevey_G

Member Bio
Reaction score
Well then.

Up 3-1... lose 6-4.

Good amount of shots, pressure, missed opportunities.

Awful D, awful. Positioning was horrific and left Skinner exposed, but that said... 5 on 24 is unacceptable, period.

Elliot shared something tonight that was intriguing... 'there will be consequences if the Oilers do not make the playoffs'. I read that is the clock is very much ticking on McDavid's time in Edmonton.

Consequences if they don't make they playoffs is the firing of the coach. Mcdavid isn't getting traded. And even that, I wouldn't trust Friedman as far as Ol' Steve-O can throw him. And I got out of shape ever since getting Rona.

TAS

Member Bio
Reaction score
Skinner out on Covid protocol.

Next up for the Oilers? Florida Panthers, highest scoring team in the NHL.