Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Existing:
Capture.PNG

New:

EDC-1076282A-PDF-43.png

EDC-1076282A-PDF-16.pngEDC-1076282A-PDF-27.pngEDC-1076282A-PDF-30.pngEDC-1076282A-PDF-33.pngEDC-1076282A-PDF-36.pngEDC-1076282A-PDF-43.pngEDC-1076282A-PDF-81.pngEntryNight.pngImage 3.pngImage A.png

Adding about 4,200 square feet of new retail space. Brick and anodized aluminum on the facade, along with new doors and anodized windows. Activating the laneway with the addition, and adding a rooftop patio. A story with more info will be posted in the coming weeks.

There is something wrong here but I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps it is the half-hearted attempt to activate the alley... or the not-quite-there attempt at giving the building an historical imprimatur... it is one of those efforts that improve the existing but only by margins.

The building code is changing to allow glazing abutting property lines if it can be proven to be fire resistant. I just permitted a building that has glass block on the property line. It depends on where Edmonton is in terms of adopting the International Code and what amendments they may have added to the code even if the latest version has been adopted. Of course the obvious concern with glazing on the property line relates to the adjacent properties and whether they will build out their possibilities and cover any windows that are (by then) existing.

C.1. 10782 82 Avenue (Development Permit)
Nenad Trkulja

MOVED: D. Brown
Motion of support with conditions.

It is recommended that the Applicant work with Administration to:
● Ensure clear glazing in all windows at ground level; and consider clear glazing in
windows above grade.
● Incorporate appropriate screening of rooftop mechanical (existing and proposed) from
adjacent property owners / patios.
● Consider more durable material than stucco in alley areas, particularly at grade.

SECONDED: J. Mills
CARRIED
FOR THE MOTION: W. Sims, M. Figueira, A. Zepp, T. Antoniuk, S. Kaznacheeva, J.
Mills, C. Holmes, D. Brown, B. Nolan

https://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/documents/EdmontonDesignCommittee_Dec4_2018_Minutes.pdf

Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Mar 04, 2019
Status Approved
Description of Development To construct a 3 Storey General Retail Store Addition (388m2, facing the lane), an outdoor amenity area (facing 82 Avenue), and exterior alterations to an existing Commercial Use building (facade improvement on south elevation)
Address REAR1, 10762 - 82 AVENUE NW
Legal Description Plan RN4 Blk 132 Lot 16
Neighbourhood GARNEAU
Neighbourhood Classification Central Core
Ward Ward 8
Zoning CB2

I used to frequent Earth's General Store when they occupied the 2nd floor years ago, nice to see this crap building get some love. I think it might be difficult to activate the back alley as it will be very tight quarters, but why not a window or two ?

Back