News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Italian Bakery | ?m | 2s | Riddell Kurczaba

Are these really better looking and less off-putting than decent quality window bars? In any case, I would still far prefer to live in a city that does what's needed to curb social disorder instead of normalizing burdening private citizens. 🤷‍♂️
Window bars make it hard to properly clean the windows and I can't say I've ever seen an implementation that didn't make the store look a bit ghetto.

Roll shutters have been common for a very long time and are ubiquitous in large cities. It's not a signal of a descent into anarchy, but a pretty basic measure in security and damage prevention for a business with large window frontage. They also assist with energy efficiency, so you may see things like this more often for businesses that wish to reduce their carbon footprint.

Roll shutters have been common for a very long time and are ubiquitous in large cities. It's not a signal of a descent into anarchy, but a pretty basic measure in security and damage prevention for a business with large window frontage. They also assist with energy efficiency, so you may see things like this more often for businesses that wish to reduce their carbon footprint.
Another nice thing about them is during the day, when the business is open they are not that noticeable, unlike bars.

went by yesterday roll shutters are still down. And I thought there was a code issue for make new buildings accessible.

As I reported in the Miscellaneous thread, the building is almost done with just a sidewalk renovation left to do.

20230828_191758.jpg

20230828_191801.jpg

Not going to win any beauty contest, but happy to see it nearing completion.

I wonder if they are considering some sort of murals on those roll shutters. I don't know how fesible it would be but it would make their closing hours look abit nicer. Also I'm surprised that no one has tagged any of those shutters yet.

Of course they will! It's Italian afterall, it'll be made to look by one of those homes over by O'Leary HS. You know, the ones with the pink stucco, large colums in or around the front stoop, followed by a yard full of Cherub's, surround by a wrought iron fence.

I wish I was born Italian.....

Back