Lewis Farms Community Recreation Centre | ?m | ?s | Saucier + Perrotte

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
This combined with the massive 31,000 sq grocery store(?) and other CRU's they are putting on the NW corner of Winterburn Rd and 92ave (9204 Winterburn Rd.), a k-9 Catholic school (Rosenthal Way and 93Ave), not to mention all the residential going up will make for an even busier corridor of development. Woo!

This combined with the massive 31,000 sq grocery store(?) and other CRU's they are putting on the NW corner of Winterburn Rd and 92ave (9204 Winterburn Rd.), a k-9 Catholic school (Rosenthal Way and 93Ave), not to mention all the residential going up will make for an even busier corridor of development. Woo!
Coincidentally I drove through that area last week and was blown away by the development out that way! Especially accessing Secord from 16A onto 215St….housing built all the way to the highway.

Provisions for both scenarios should have been better considered.

It's ridiculous that they would not be tied together.

VLW LRT plans should've terminated at the Rec Centre site to start, but I get it's a 'chicken and egg' situation as both major projects are funded differently and the LRT was funded first.
Fair although the rec centre site was certainly at least imagined and a fairly realistic possibility in the not too distant future. This would be a big draw for most along the west portion of the line for sure.

Well another case of one hand not paying attention to what the other hand is doing. City definitely should resolve this issue with one more station.

It's a completely fair comment...but the joke doesn't land quite as hard when using an aerial photo from 2022 instead of 2015

s.png

Totally fair, Rosenthal, Secord, etc. have built out quite a bit since then. Regardless, I do agree this facility would've been better located in the more 'central' west end like Collingwood or West Jasper Place to be more accessible to more Edmontonians and less people from Spruce Grove...
The 3km radius for this one is about as bad as it gets for total residents captured in that circle.

Lack of LRT connection is depressingly stupid planning.

How this incentivizes families to live in car dependent sprawl and directly works in opposition to the city plan seems to be lost of council/admin. I have a brother and multiple friends that bought in rosenthal and secord because of this project.

Where else would you build something of this magnitude though in west Edmonton? Maybe acquire the land with all those walk ups across from the Misericordia? Tear down Meadowlark?

I agree it makes sense to be connected to transit and better planning could have done that. But with the situation today what is the best solution?

Back