News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Alberta Politics

I don’t believe anything is going to change, until we have a competitive political climate in this province.
People, who live in Edmonton, pay taxes too for f k sake! We badly need the investment into our downtown! This is the provincial capital after all! This is not normal. UCP is killing this city.

In addressing one of her priorities, health care, Smith has invited a former Trump advisor accused of spreading misinformation about COVID and who advocated the US take a herd immunity approach in 2020 for guidance.

Sounds like we're in good hands. That should also help attract more doctors here. 🤔

Last edited:
The government must be worried they'll get blown out in Calgary.

It's pretty disheartening because around the same time Smith announced they're looking to financially support the Calgary arena, I saw on Instagram Sohi was in Ottawa begging the feds for money the province wouldn't give them to build supportive housing in Edmonton. Bleeding heart yeah yeah, but that juxtaposition doesn't look good.

She’s politicized COVID as her right wing counterparts in the US have done. She’s slandered our front line workers with her “fake low numbers of health care workers,” she’s put a bib on and bottled fed her rural, uneducated southern Fox News supporters by suggesting they have been the “most discriminated” group in the province.

She’s canned our Chief Doctor…..now as the public we have zero guidance or leadership from Ms.Trump. Soon she’ll recommending that we “drink bleach” to clean our insides out as a future health measure. I don’t remember Kenney being this terrible when he took over? Or was he?

The government must be worried they'll get blown out in Calgary.

It's pretty disheartening because around the same time Smith announced they're looking to financially support the Calgary arena, I saw on Instagram Sohi was in Ottawa begging the feds for money the province wouldn't give them to build supportive housing in Edmonton. Bleeding heart yeah yeah, but that juxtaposition doesn't look good.
Unfortunately, Edmonton is an orange bastion provincially and federally we're stuck in blue bastion Alberta, so we're nobody's sweetheart for vote buying come election time.

Not only is she pushing for a new YYC arena……now a train and lrt upgrades as well. And nothing from Ms.Trump for YEG…….
So far, Smith and the UCP has publicly endorsed/supported/encouraged:

Calgary:
1) An Olympic bid
2) LRT extension to the airport
3) Rail to Banff
4) A new arena

Edmonton:

Is this not a red flag to the voices at city hall? Should our chief spokesperson and mayor not be demanding equal investment and treatment? It's tiring and frustrating to see Calgary get everything they want and more and Edmonton the ugly stepsister.

With the lack of investment and and poor treatment it's becoming clear that the province wants Edmonton to fend for itself either through neglect or spite.

What gets me is that the province won't fund any of Edmonton's priorities, but is also angry that the Government of Canada wants to fill that gap in funding directly. Where is the money supposed to come from then?

As much as I throw up when I hear or see her smirk while she half-asses a speech…..I take great comfort watching her awkwardly walk in high heels akin to a baby giraffe taking its first steps

So far, Smith and the UCP has publicly endorsed/supported/encouraged:

Calgary:
1) An Olympic bid
2) LRT extension to the airport
3) Rail to Banff
4) A new arena

Edmonton:

Is this not a red flag to the voices at city hall? Should our chief spokesperson and mayor not be demanding equal investment and treatment? It's tiring and frustrating to see Calgary get everything they want and more and Edmonton the ugly stepsister.
Aaron Paquette noted after the province announced the $187m worth of funding for homeless shelters, that there was an approximate 3:1 funding disparity in favour of Calgary (which in itself is ridiculous)

I asked him whether or not the City does any sort of tracking of the funding disparity between Edmonton and Calgary, he replied this:
I believe that is being measured, yes, and will likely be a conversation with our intergovernmental folks during this election year.

It’s a strange tactic for a province to hamper one of their Big Cities. Calgary and Edmonton account for over 70% of the economic activity in Alberta.

To be fair, the province may have simply not noticed.

Back