Maclab Garneau | Laurent | Eleanor | 98.14m | 30s | Maclab Development

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
F841572D-CA40-405D-BB79-7E908BC17C16.jpeg

Hope you guys don’t mind me sharing another photo I snapped of this area earlier today. Can’t wait to see the impact these 2 towers are going to have once both are topped out!

Speaking of this project, when was the last time we had two towers going up at the same time? Stantec and JW Marriott/Legends...which I guess wasn't too long ago.
We are well past the oilsands' boom, yet I still see multiple cranes in affective simultaneously and quite visibly is a good and happy sign for this boy. From 1988 to 2000, I saw a total of 5 cranes in operation, and I still remembered which projects they were despite not living in this city full time during that period.

Speaking of this project, when was the last time we had two towers going up at the same time? Stantec and JW Marriott/Legends...which I guess wasn't too long ago.
It's great to see. Hopefully the Parks is next with their second tower and connector building if that gets started while first building is still under construction.

We are well past the oilsands' boom, yet I still see multiple cranes in affective simultaneously and quite visibly is a good and happy sign for this boy. From 1988 to 2000, I saw a total of 5 cranes in operation, and I still remembered which projects they were despite not living in this city full time during that period.
You’d swear it’s like Edmonton was frozen in time during the 90s. I can’t think of a single major building off the top of my head that was built in the 90s. Mostly just new subdivisions.

You’d swear it’s like Edmonton was frozen in time during the 90s. I can’t think of a single major building off the top of my head that was built in the 90s. Mostly just new subdivisions.
I guess commerce place was technically finished in 1990 but that barely makes it

I guess commerce place was technically finished in 1990 but that barely makes it
As I recall, a certain Premier who didn't seem to like Edmonton much was elected in the early 1990's. What he couldn't cut, he tried to move from Edmonton to other places.

It was a brutal time and this explains much of the lull.

Time literally stood still from 82-97 for much of Edmonton as a direct result federal, provincial and municipal policy.

Remember when 'The Manhattan' by BCM (pastel Sask Dr. tower) advertised condos starting at $349,999.00 and everyone thought that they were crazy and that this 'was not Manhattan'.

River Twin Towers were built around mid-90's I believe.
If you're referring to Riverwind 1 & 2, says Communitas built them in 1989 and 1990. They also built Grandin Green in 1999.

Riverwind 1 & 2 are also lowkey one of my architectural guilty pleasures here in Edmonton... the sort of Miami modern styling just looks hilarious on Sask Dr.

Back