News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

U of A real estate

I recall going there with a group of international students during a Week of Welcome maybe 7-10 years ago and it was unique.

West 240 RFQ

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 11.33.03 AM.png

The U of A has so much wasted land it's not even funny.
Transform the U of A Farm and South Campus lands into highrises surrounded by parks and man-made lakes and I'll be happy.

I cannot see that being part of the plan given potential traffic impacts to the west.

I would like to see a few opportunities to enjoy the top of bank/ravine with an opportunity or two for a food/bev spot on the far west part of the site.

I cannot see that being part of the plan given potential traffic impacts to the west.

I would like to see a few opportunities to enjoy the top of bank/ravine with an opportunity or two for a food/bev spot on the far west part of the site.
Oops, should have been more specific, I was more thinking a pedestrian bridge. It’d be a nice alternative to Fox/Whitemud for those heading that direction.

So the plan would be to dismantle the houses and use their brick and other components as part of the new build at the McCauley site? Are you looking to partner with the Edmonton Community Develpoment Company on this? I believe they were given (or are in the process of being given) that site from the City, who is the current owner.

So the plan would be to dismantle the houses and use their brick and other components as part of the new build at the McCauley site? Are you looking to partner with the Edmonton Community Develpoment Company on this? I believe they were given (or are in the process of being given) that site from the City, who is the current owner.
it is through ecdc that we have been able to secure this site for the project... there is a strong alignment between their mandate and our plans.

"
Official Press Release

PRIMAVERA Acquires Development Site from Edmonton Community Development Company

NEWS RELEASE/FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Monday, August 22, 2022

EDMONTON – PRIMAVERA Development Group is pleased to announce the acquisition of a development site on the northeast corner of 95th Street and 106th Avenue in the central Edmonton community of McCauley.

The site will be redeveloped as an arts and community hub intended to provide a permanent home for the Edmonton Sculpture Project. Additionally, there will be space for community amenities such as a day care and coffee shop.

The new development will include components of the four Ring Houses and two East Campus Village Houses purchased from the University of Alberta in 2021.

“It was always our intention to secure a location that would incorporate many of the key components of these homes,” says Kenneth L. Cantor, President. “Equally important was our desire to accomplish that within a project and a community that would pay homage to the homes first hundred years and provide a similar legacy over the next hundred years.”

“Not only is our conceptual planning intended to facilitate that, but we are also particularly pleased to be developing on a site acquired from the Edmonton Community Development Company. We believe our plans complement the mandate from the City of Edmonton to strengthen neighborhoods through social and economic development.”

Please find floor plans attached.

Media inquiries:

Kenneth L. Cantor, President

PRIMAVERA Development Group"

(780) 909-6431

kcantor@primaveradevelopment.com

Just leaving Vancouver after staying at UBC for a couple of days. Wow. 6 cranes near where we were staying. If U of A can do something somewhat like what UBC has in done in 240 and Michener Park it will be amazing.

Back