Maclab Garneau | Laurent | Eleanor | 98.14m | 30s | Maclab Development

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Agreed. I am honestly really surprised there aren't more hotels near the U of A overall. There's Campus Tower Suites and then from there it's the Mattera, or you're a solid couple KM away/across the river. Just the U of A alone must command a ton of short term stay folks given all the visiting profs, researchers, families of students, families of those at the hospital, visiting sports teams, the list goes on...

Yes, it is surprising how there are not more hotels near the U of A. Whyte Ave seems to make an abrupt transition from lively to quiet around 109 St, not sure if that is part of the reason.

There is the Varscona Hotel on Whyte Ave at 106 St. Otherwise, I'd like to see a midrise hotel erected at the Knox Metropolitan Church site on 109 St just a block north of Whyte Ave, or where there are acres of parking space for the Garneau Safeway. Hell, there's a few spaces on Whyte that can be converted into hotel space (e.g. Army & Navy).

There is the Varscona Hotel on Whyte Ave at 106 St. Otherwise, I'd like to see a midrise hotel erected at the Knox Metropolitan Church site on 109 St just a block north of Whyte Ave, or where there are acres of parking space for the Garneau Safeway. Hell, there's a few spaces on Whyte that can be converted into hotel space (e.g. Army & Navy).
Campus Tower Suite Hotel further into campus. I agree more hotels may be required.

818E4EDB-8B75-4906-BBF7-0828581FE177.jpeg

Almost looks like the retail space has been designed at double height in anticipation of a grocery tenant. I wonder if H-mart is interested in moving down the street, their current space definitely feels cramped.

Back