The Jameson | 53.95m | 17s | Open Sky | Acton Ostry

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I heard that EllisDon defaulted on this project. There are a few projects across Canada which have had unexpected GC departures this year but this is especially odd considering they snatched the job from Clark to begin with. Over promise and under deliver?
Not a good outcome for EllisDon but I hope this project can still proceed.
After being in this business for almost 20-years I can tell you that any project that recycles through a general contractor (once is bad enough nevermind twice) is NOT a good sign. There's obviously a lot more to this. I remain hopeful but I'm growing more skeptical each day.

Is it possible this site could be sold to a new developer? I just can’t imagine this isn’t one of the most attractive lots in the core right now to develop. This node of 120st-124st is booming. LRT nearby soon.

Is it possible this site could be sold to a new developer? I just can’t imagine this isn’t one of the most attractive lots in the core right now to develop. This node of 120st-124st is booming. LRT nearby soon.
It's happened before....Pagnotta bought the site in Windsor Park back in 2020 or so and then Cidex bought out the BCM site.

At this point, what does this do to the reputation of the developer? This is Open Sky's first major vertical development and they've blown through two general contractors that are major industry players. Their financing cannot be happy either.

I am sure it all started with the change from 17 floors to 22 floors -- the "extra" quote and terms must have been so far out of line that the developer balked. An escape clause probably allowed them to terminate their contract with Clark. Who knows what happened with Ellis-Don??? Discussions ongoing with PCL?

I am sure it all started with the change from 17 floors to 22 floors -- the "extra" quote and terms must have been so far out of line that the developer balked. An escape clause probably allowed them to terminate their contract with Clark. Who knows what happened with Ellis-Don??? Discussions ongoing with PCL?
I believe this is correct. I just heard that for them to go up, they need to go down more, however the shoring as been completed. Going down further once your shoring is complete is a nightmare.

@Vacs a good Civil (Soils) Engineer should be able to solve the problem without additional excavation (and maybe that too has already been done) with pile drilling beneath slab footings for extra bearing.

@Vacs a good Civil (Soils) Engineer should be able to solve the problem without additional excavation (and maybe that too has already been done) with pile drilling beneath slab footings for extra bearing.
to excavate another level of parkade once your shoring has been complete?

I've had to do it before, it was neither easy or cheap

On the laboring aspect, I would have to agree it would be a pain in the arse, but, from the engineering aspect, it is not so much.

Fill me in please, the cost inflation is due to the requirement of an additional level of parkade?

To be fair, they paid $100k for that OSCAM to block that lane

Back