Tower 101 | 175m | 50s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
In fairness to Regency, Holyrood is their, 10th? Development in the city. They haven't all been high rises or statement buildings, but they have built a lot.
So, again much like a wonky old computer, it worked well at one time, but perhaps its best days are in the past.

Reactions: God
Tegler

'These beautiful architectural stones were harvested from the Tegler Building. They were hand carved and shipped up to Edmonton from Fort Mc Cloud quarry in 1911. The Tegler was Edmonton’s tallest building structure until the mind 50’s. The stones were salvaged at the time of its controversial 1982 demolition, and were kept in storage until now. These are an extraordinary find, and a true piece of Edmonton’s heritage.

Prices Range from $20 to $750 a piece'

IMG_2583-scaled.jpg

I think it would be nice for the City to take measurements with the possibility of replicating them

I am guessing that in some archival vault there exists blueprints of the Tegler that has detailed records of all of the building's cornices, moldings, and unique architectural features -- all waiting for some brave developer to faithfully rebuild Tegler-too either in the Quarters or on CPR land in Old Strathcona. The new rebuild would make expansive use of laser-cutting, 3-d printing and CNC-furnishing to exactly reproduce the oft longed-for historical minutia of the original. I know this to be true for the Gem Theatre.

I am guessing that in some archival vault there exists blueprints of the Tegler that has detailed records of all of the building's cornices, moldings, and unique architectural features -- all waiting for some brave developer to faithfully rebuild Tegler-too either in the Quarters or on CPR land in Old Strathcona. The new rebuild would make expansive use of laser-cutting, 3-d printing and CNC-furnishing to exactly reproduce the oft longed-for historical minutia of the original. I know this to be true for the Gem Theatre.
I know a site on 101 St and 102 Ave that would be perfect for this

When I rode by on the weekend, all the screening on the chain link fencing was gone, so we're back to looking at rebar and pieces of concrete again from street level.

Wasn't on there that long.

We should expect more from owners of brownfields in Edmonton.

This is what they should do with the site while they are figure out what to build. Doing this adds vibrancy to the street which in turn adds value to the land and reduces the risk involved with development. West Edmonton Mall already does this with those kiosks.
IMG_2385 by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr

Back