News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Alberta Politics

The NDP have gone completely crazy. Why would they attack Dr. Hinshaw over her pandemic salary? Since when are they the ones who attack the public service? This seems off message.

Attacking the blatant hypocrisy of the UCP is what the NDP are doing. The doctors still do not have a contract they have had their payment schedules cut in some cases. They wanted to cut front line worker’s salaries people who have been driven to exhaustion and are leaving in droves. Yet give the top honcho $230,000 bonus plus others in her department bonuses amounting to millions as if they were the only ones fighting the pandemic.

Per everything that has come out, it wasn't the UCP who gave Hinshaw (well earned) compensation, it was a policy internal to the public service. The NDP is simply making an attack on the public service itself. I'm sure the UCP would be thrilled to cut Hinshaw's salary (and everyone else's). By going nuclear on the issue the NDP just hangs the public service out to dry. To me that's really off message, kind of like how they also want to abolish photo radar now. Seems super simplistic and I just expected better from Notley in particular.

Take your pick from any of the quotes in this article

Alberta Opposition Leader Rachel Notley says the United Conservative Party government, particularly former finance minister Travis Toews, must bear the responsibility and fallout for the record-setting six-figure bonus payment to the chief medical officer of health.

Take your pick from any of the quotes in this article

Alberta Opposition Leader Rachel Notley says the United Conservative Party government, particularly former finance minister Travis Toews, must bear the responsibility and fallout for the record-setting six-figure bonus payment to the chief medical officer of health.

I like this one
EDMONTON -

Notley said Wednesday she isn’t passing judgment on whether the payout to Dr. Deena Hinshaw is merited.

UCP want to move 500 people to Athabasca to stimulate the local economy
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...yees-working-in-town-president-says-1.6543546
1659923061722.png

according to the 2021 census, athabasca had a population of 2,759 people living in 1,155 of it’s 1,325 private dwellings. that means there is a grand total of 170 dwellings in athabasca for nicolaides' minimum of 500 athabasca university faculty and their families to move into.

you have to wonder just how many ways and how many excuses this gang can find to strangle post-secondary education in the province of alberta.

and in this case for what? the institution won't employ any more staff as a result of this measure and it won't serve any more students either.

Back