Jasper House | 108m | ?s

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A driveway onto Jasper (one of the reasons for non-support) seems like a bad idea too, imo
have you been down the promenade lately? bike lanes on both sides of the roads, it appears the city wants to reduce traffic on the promenade so why would they want the ramp on the promenade side?

plus the proposal has setup the promenade side for great pedestrian interaction

1659731174982.png

Any chance they can build the parkade ramp on the west side via 121 St? There are 3 NB lanes south of Jasper Ave, surely they can change the turning lane into a SB lane for the ramp.

I find their positioning is more affective than the West side of 121st for it has a deep curve or blindspot which us a breeding circumstances for accidents. Jasper has that third lane space for access/egress ...

As per the render, is that a placeholder or actually indication of the project?

Right in, right out from under the west side of the pedestrian plaza before the restaurant perhaps.

I cannot accept ingress/egress of that nature along Jasper.

Right in, right out from under the west side of the pedestrian plaza before the restaurant perhaps.

I cannot accept ingress/egress of that nature along Jasper.
So remove all the Bike Lanes that were literally just installed?

Multiple parking entrances cross the “just installed” bike lanes on the promenade side. I don’t know how you even consider parking crossing a side walk on what should be our destination Main Street. And yes I am aware that this happens elsewhere, but if we have the chance to avoid it…

Generally speaking Jasper Avenue prohibits ingress and egress and requires it from the lane or street; for a reason.

Is it a dealbreaker in this case given the constraints, no, but still not ideal and I would be a little worried about precedent.

Last edited:
The ideal solution imo is, if land availability is applicable, to interject the ramp as east as possible to the original JH on the south side, so parallel to the street . It might be a long ramp as it will be required to mitigate the lost of southside''s fronting. I believe there should be a wide enough space for a ramp.

Back