News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Anthony Henday Drive

Was back on the Henday from the west to the south. There are now 3 lanes from the Whitemud to the Lessard interchange while the stretch from Rabbit Hill to 111 St is getting that 3rd lane added. The Wedgewood and NSR bridge construction are still ongoing. The stretch near Terwillegar still needs to be done.

Took a drive of the entirety of AHD with the start and finish at Baseline Road.
The SE section at the Hwy 14 interchange is being repaved.
The SW portion from 111 St to the Whitemud appears to be on track for completion of the 3-lane project before year-end.

Took a drive of the entirety of AHD with the start and finish at Baseline Road.
The SE section at the Hwy 14 interchange is being repaved.
The SW portion from 111 St to the Whitemud appears to be on track for completion of the 3-lane project before year-end.
A full Henday loop? In these gas prices? What are you, a billionaire?!

The experiment in Edmonton failed. It takes them an entire summer to fix the pot holes in the concrete.
Exactly. It takes them a week at most to repave the asphalt highway sections on the other hand (like how they've done so on parts of the eastern leg).

(I may be exaggerating but to me, it almost looks like they just did that out of nowhere).

Girders have to be installed by now….isn’t it supposed to be done this fall? If girders are just going in now, it’d be another 2 years
I drive the SW portion weekly and am pretty sure that the North Sask river bridge ones are not installed? Also rode my bike on the path underneath and didn't see them. All the other widening work otherwise looks to be ready I think (the barriers are for concrete repair work I believe, according to the Carmacks website).

I drive the SW portion weekly and am pretty sure that the North Sask river bridge ones are not installed? Also rode my bike on the path underneath and didn't see them. All the other widening work otherwise looks to be ready I think (the barriers are for concrete repair work I believe, according to the Carmacks website).
There are no girders installed yet.

I have a recurring nightmare where I have a midnight driving excursion that sees me flying off the on-ramp where a bridge has been washed out. Nose first, I see a wild river below me growing ever larger -- then I wake up! The next ensuing emergency has me rushing to the salle de bain to relieve an exploding bladder.

WB traffic from Gateway to Terwilligar is fully open with 3 lanes.
There's still some work to be done on the EB side.
The east bridge of the North Saskatchewan River crossing is closed with traffic diverted to the west bridge.

Back