Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Well the opening event was surprisingly well attended. I managed to get some information on two of the not yet announced developments, although take this info with a healthy dose of salt as I was at the beer gardens first.
First development:
I think lot "O"
Planned to be rentals according to the developer. QR code on their website goes to https://ecoden.ca/
PXL_20220625_203721380.MP.jpg

Second development:
Lot "P"
Website is https://stratosphereproperties.ca/projects

PXL_20220626_000022293.jpg

So that is 2/3 of the projects mentioned in the CTV article.

Well the opening event was surprisingly well attended. I managed to get some information on two of the not yet announced developments, although take this info with a healthy dose of salt as I was at the beer gardens first.
First development:
I think lot "O"
Planned to be rentals according to the developer. QR code on their website goes to https://ecoden.ca/
View attachment 409869

Second development:
Lot "P"
Website is https://stratosphereproperties.ca/projects

View attachment 409870

So that is 2/3 of the projects mentioned in the CTV article.
That's wonderful to know, thank you!

Cartmell said he’s hearing from developers that there’s too much red tape, potentially causing some delays and driving up the cost.

That’s a problem, he said, because affordability and being attractive to younger generations and younger families was part of the vision, along with environmental sustainability.

“There’s not a chance at all that my son can move into a brand new townhome in Blachford. Not even close,” he said. “He’s a graduate from the University of Alberta. He’s gainfully employed, so is his girlfriend. These are things that should not be out of reach, but that is a part of the city that he will not be able to move into.”

Enough of this guy…..every week he’s sounding off on this thing. Put it to rest already…..he’s sounding as though he’s the self proclaimed voice of the malcontent on this and it’s getting boring. Making sarcastic comments like he did…..doesn’t he know those are “vote killers?”

Once again, terrible reporting! What’s with the “30,000 units,” that both Cartnell, the Journal and CTV are reporting? Is it me or am I obtuse? I thought the idea was to bring 30,000 inhabitants to the development? At what? 1.5 heads per…..equals 20,000 units/30,000 heads in beds

Some cool details from the city news release:

"Three new home builder projects are set to be in development in the near future, including a 90-unit rental townhome development, an 82-unit condo building and a 72-unit condo building with main floor retail."

These three projects won't be starting construction until next year at the earliest.

"Lumsden expects those to begin construction next year and finish in the next couple of years., according to EJ article.

City admin seems to think things are humming along, certainly that's the message from city official Lumsden, but projected revenue from Blatchford is significantly below what was expected at this point in time.

None of this makes any sense! What’s with the “1100 units by the end of the year?” Not even close, buddy just admitted those new buildings are not beginning till next year? From 50 or so to 1100 in 6 months? This is nuts, I’m done with reading about this project.

None of this makes any sense! What’s with the “1100 units by the end of the year?” Not even close, buddy just admitted those new buildings are not beginning till next year? From 50 or so to 1100 in 6 months? This is nuts, I’m done with reading about this project.
The land for 1100 units will be developed by the end of the year.

Once again, terrible reporting! What’s with the “30,000 units,” that both Cartnell, the Journal and CTV are reporting? Is it me or am I obtuse? I thought the idea was to bring 30,000 inhabitants to the development? At what? 1.5 heads per…..equals 20,000 units/30,000 heads in beds

I will be surprised if they hit 15,000 people in this area at full buildout.

Back