News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

ETS Bus and General Transit Improvements

IMG_20220406_151413.jpg

Stumbled across this on Twitter and can't help but think Edmonton could use this treatment on several streets.

109 St South of Saskatchewan Drive to 62Ave comes to mind as a major bus transit corridor that could benefit from the efficiency of a median BRT and a nice street redesign.

I will be curious to see what the planned rapid transit improvements have in store in the transit plan (other than Terwilligar Dr. which seems pretty clear by the plans). Will they include separated lanes like this? Or more likely a bus lane.

View attachment 390794

Stumbled across this on Twitter and can't help but think Edmonton could use this treatment on several streets.

109 St South of Saskatchewan Drive to 62Ave comes to mind as a major bus transit corridor that could benefit from the efficiency of a median BRT and a nice street redesign.
Is that Market Street?
Anyways, I believe that just building it between 62 ave and Saskatchewan drive wouldn't make much sense. We'd need to commit more roads to this a build a cute little BRT system for it to have any purpose.

I'd have it run along 109 St, 62ave/63ave/Argyll (between 109 st and 83 st), 91 st (between Argyll and 23 Ave), 86st/Wagner (to Davies Station), and 23 ave (between 66 st and 111 st, connect LRT between Millwoods and Century Park). They're all wide enough for this to be done with minimal capacity reduction, if any at all).

Particularly, I would LOVE to see 91 st and 23 ave get something like this.

EDIT:

The dream scenario would have it actually cross the river in a replacement for the High Level Bridge, straight up 109 st to Kingsway (and have a terminal there)

View attachment 390794

I would rather have rail.
01378743e3dd1bf9e72e8c9c44cdce0d.jpg

Badly needed. Sohi was really angry when the Provincial budget was announced, this along with FIFA funding goes a long way towards making amends.

City of Edmonton – $375,000

Revitalize the transit station at 10032 – 100 St NW to be more open and welcoming through improved accessibility, better visibility and the installation of Indigenous art.

Back