Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
nP8aIY3S

I realize this project has been going really slowly, but the construction seems to be getting close to completion. I am guessing it has 3 to 6 months more to go before it is done, so by summer.

I wonder if there is just some COVID caution in projecting the date further ahead. Maybe it has to do with food supply chain disruptions and uncertainly as to when that will improve.
I would imagine its less food supply chain and more just waiting for the pandemic to end so a brand new store dowmesnt have to weather a lockdown its first few months. With stuff opening up and offices returning, that should help!

Reference ID:Job No 422533200-002
Description:To install (1) Projecting On-Premises Sign(s) (ICE DISTRICT- BLOCK BG)
Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lot 7
10324 - 103 STREET NW
Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lot 10
Applicant:DIALOG
Create Date:2/3/2022 3:50:45 PM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Reference ID:Job No 422652459-002
Description:To construct exterior alterations (removal of two exterior doors for future tenant fit-out on the east facade on the ground floor level to a mixed Use Tower (9 General Retail Stores, 3 Restaurants (60% of total Floor Area as Public Space), 1 Professional, Financial and Office Support Services, with accessory Non-Residential Amenity Area including accessible outdoor rooftop podium; with an Apartment Housing Tower with accessory Residential Amenity Area (indoor and outdoor rooftop podium); and an Urban Garden on the rooftop podium, Ice District Building BG, reference Development Permit number 234919092-007).
Plan 1722545 Blk 2 Lot 7

So I’m a bit confused. Is phase 2 not going to happen until after this tower gets done? If so, are we looking at 5+ years till ground would even break north of rogers?

Even more importantly, when are they going to finally remove the scaffolding at the base of Stantec? On a brand new building - scaffolding goes up for 2 years?
That hoarding is protection from above due to glazing unit issues and will be removed once they put their transparent 'wrap' on each unit so that if another unit fails it won't shatter and be less likely to pop and fall.

Sounding more and more like we could see something north of 104 Avenue before the residential tower goes...
Anyone know the reason? Seems like low hanging fruit to lease a tower with a grocery store in the base and the central area finishing vs a tower on the north where things are still a bit rough and it’s farther from the valley line trains/jasper/104st/CCm

Back