Wadhurst Townhomes | 11.75m | ?s

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
LDA21-0330 Wadhurst Townhomes- Westmount

Application Details

Proposed Rezoning
This application proposes to rezone the properties located at 10321, 10325 & 10335 Wadhurst Road NW from (RF3) Small Scale Infill Development Zone(External link) to (DC2) Site Specific Development Control Provision(External link).

The proposed DC2 would allow for the development of two row housing/townhouse style buildings with a total of 11 units, each with direct ground-level street access. The southern building is proposed to allow six residential units, and the northern building would allow five residential units. Each unit is proposed to have a garage bay on the main level, with access from the rear lane.

639210335b87d57fd9db995f8e14f653_NB-1_page-0001.jpg

eb8d19c887fdf194ba832dd398e86c6b_SB_West_Elevation_1.jpg

https://engaged.edmonton.ca/WadhurstTownhomes

I also really like that the developer behind this project, working with Stantec, is Cantiro - the group behind West Bloc in Glenora and CX.

Maybe they could take over for Regency at the Emerald site? Or even have Cidex take over like they did with the Quarters property.

TIL that road is called "Wadhurst". Neat. Cool looking infill as well. I freaking love that little cul-de-sac.

11 dwellings where there used to be 3 - that's a nice, gentle increase in density.

It also backs onto the commercial of 124 st and is separated from the rest of the street by an alley at the south and the road at the North. Tough to imagine that anyone would have a legitimate issue with the size & scale of this development.

11 dwellings where there used to be 3 - that's a nice, gentle increase in density.

It also backs onto the commercial of 124 st and is separated from the rest of the street by an alley at the south and the road at the North. Tough to imagine that anyone would have a legitimate issue with the size & scale of this development.

You'd be surprised. I've been on this street a few times, there's no other multi-family housing on the street. I can see the NIMBYs being against this because it "doesn't fit the character of the neighborhood" or "not enough parking"

Back