Peak Tower | 99.06m | 23s | Lighthouse HM | Davignon Martin

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks for the "heads-up" @Daveography -- because the developments I am working on in Edmonton will have "lease-able space" it was worth a call to the City for some direction. You are right -- the only space utilization designation is residential or commercial according to Shiraz (the person with whom I was speaking). In California 'Occupancy Permits' are split into Residential (many sub-categories, Hospitality (many sub-categrories), Retail, Office, Service and Institutional-- so here if the space is classified as a Retail Occupancy, one must first go through Planning to have the use changed to 'Hospitality' if a restaurant use is desired. Nonetheless, it would be a real challenge to put a restaurant in the Hyatt lease space and expect it to succeed.

@archited , I agree with you that there may be some missed potential here regarding the Jasper Ave frontage, but I'm not so sure on a couple of the points.
1- Are the visual/aesthetics designed to maximize the atrium for Hyatt, or not? The leasing brochure states "with a 9 Storey High Grand Atrium Lobby "
2- 8000 SF is a fair size, almost small banquet hall size. Though on the leasing brochure the space is divided into 2 CRU's of about 3200 SF each.

On point #1, @Kaizen, that's where the confusion sets in. They describe an 8 or 9 storey atrium lobby -- but, if you look at the floor plan, a portion of the lease space sits directly under the atrium -- so, which is it: lease space or hotel lobby? That confusion underscores all of my previous comments. #2. 3,200 sq.ft. is manageable for a restaurant But, again if there are two CRUs of 3,200 sq.ft. each, where does the 8,000 sq.ft. figure come from. I have to think that the floor plan is either totally erroneous or an attempt at misleading. Incidentally, according to the Ed Journal, Hyatt is running two of their brands under the same roof -- Hyatt Place (short term stays) and Hyatt House (long term stays).

I know @bodsbods9090, but I can't betray the faith of clients -- there are still some backroom negotiations going on that could jeopardize the outcome of aspects of both proposals. I can't leak any more information at this time. It will come to the forefront by the end of March this year (it pains me to sit on this).

There is alarmingly little sign of any contractors or work going on in here...

As I mentioned previously -- this project is wrapped up in a fishing expedition to try and pull in ground floor tenants (probably at premium rates) -- so the plan is indefinite at this stage

Reference ID: Job No 296596405-002
Description: To construct exterior and interior alterations in order to convert a Professional, Financial, Office Support Service building to a Hotel and Apartment Hotel with a total 308 rooms (171 rooms have bar sinks and small cooktops) with Accessory Personal Service Shop (spa), Indoor Participant Recreation Service (gym) and Restaurant
Plan NB Blk 2 Lots 79-81
Applicant: DAVIGNON MARTIN ARCHITECTURE
Create Date: 3/5/2019 2:42:48 PM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

EDC Formal presentation on March 12:

B.3. 17:15 Enbridge Tower (Development Permit)
Maria Spengler - Davignon Martin

Back