Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
DBBA74FA-AAA0-4494-895D-1E23B81ADBAF.jpeg

They should maybe have food trucks like the ones from the playoffs. Selling hot chocolate, mini donuts, coffee, BEER, candy apples, Christmas sweaters, winter attire, Christmas themed toys for kids. Could basically make a Christmas market and I’m honestly surprised they haven’t yet. Things will come with time i guess. Whatever they missed out on this year they’d probably have next year, but there’s plenty of time left for them to do more with the area. Maybe a timmies food truck like the one they had during the Hub City days. I’m surprised they didn’t put the booths back and the trucks too when the hockey season started. I know after a game I’d wanna get some mini donuts. It’ll keep people hanging out more in the plaza giving the place life and boosting the chances of them checking out the bars in the plaza rather than just walking through it to get a cab or catch the train or get in your car and head home. It’s a shame I remember those trucks doing quite well and having lines. They could also create booths for companies to do little trials of the area. Maybe a booth with Canada goose or north face or just a brand that’s interested in the area to showcase their product and see how they might do in the area. It’s outside the box of thought but when you have made close to a billion dollar investment in a failing downtown, thinking outside the box is how you got there. You need to attract attention to your product on your own, you gotta change the image of the plaza on your own. It can’t just be the place to watch hockey games during the playoffs. It needs to be seen as a gathering place. Once you do that then people would want to live there and you solve your condo problems and create demand on your own. These fuckers gotta give me that marketing job holy shit.

Supposedly they will soon be offering skate rentals. Just need a place to get hot chocolate and it’s perfect.
If Starbucks didn't pause opening their location on the Plaza they could be offering that. Hopefully they make moves in 2023 to open it and have hot drinks available for next years' winter.

They should maybe have food trucks like the ones from the playoffs. Selling hot chocolate, mini donuts, coffee, BEER, candy apples, Christmas sweaters, winter attire, Christmas themed toys for kids. Could basically make a Christmas market and I’m honestly surprised they haven’t yet. Things will come with time i guess. Whatever they missed out on this year they’d probably have next year, but there’s plenty of time left for them to do more with the area. Maybe a timmies food truck like the one they had during the Hub City days. I’m surprised they didn’t put the booths back and the trucks too when the hockey season started. I know after a game I’d wanna get some mini donuts. It’ll keep people hanging out more in the plaza giving the place life and boosting the chances of them checking out the bars in the plaza rather than just walking through it to get a cab or catch the train or get in your car and head home. It’s a shame I remember those trucks doing quite well and having lines. They could also create booths for companies to do little trials of the area. Maybe a booth with Canada goose or north face or just a brand that’s interested in the area to showcase their product and see how they might do in the area. It’s outside the box of thought but when you have made close to a billion dollar investment in a failing downtown, thinking outside the box is how you got there. You need to attract attention to your product on your own, you gotta change the image of the plaza on your own. It can’t just be the place to watch hockey games during the playoffs. It needs to be seen as a gathering place. Once you do that then people would want to live there and you solve your condo problems and create demand on your own. These fuckers gotta give me that marketing job holy shit.
I like how you think 👍

ICE District New Year’s Eve celebration
Celebrate the arrival of 2023 in ICE District Plaza. Come for the Tailgate Party (6 to 8 p.m.) and stay for the Watch Party (8 to 10:30 p.m.), as the Edmonton Oilers face off against the Winnipeg Jets. After the game, stick around as ICE District Plaza is transformed into a rocking New Year’s Eve party, headlined by country music legend and proud Albertan, Brett Kissel. The celebration will include giant countdown screens and a pyrotechnic display at the stroke of midnight — followed by even more live entertainment.

Visit the ICE District website for full details.

So two new years eve celebrations in the downtown, interesting.

I expect to see events going on at these two locations at the same time throughout the year on several occasions (but different events from each other unlike New Year's eve) which should help create pedestrian traffic along that 103 Ave corridor.

Some collaboration should take place here for we will now have fireworks at 830 in Churchill and then fireworks and entertainment at both Churchill and ICE for midnight?!?!?

Back