Oliver Crossing | 21m | 7s

did they try to take visual cues from MacEwan's Allard hall? At least it isn't covered with vinyl siding.

F62E53F9-FEB6-4C8B-AFCA-60D59AEDFF1F.jpeg
1DCB8676-AFDC-4867-873C-345223D8E016.jpeg
5E6EF71D-8544-4D3A-B5A4-B965868F6CE4.jpeg

Nah, I still think it's pretty terrible. Still looks like a concrete bunker with some random balconies and materials tacked on.
Are concrete bunkers not underground? I'm pretty sure a bunker is not 7 stories high. It looks nothing like a bunker. I'm trying not to be negative, but it is a poor comparison.

Reactions: God
Walked by the site tonight and yeah, the building is about as exciting as unfrosted bran flakes. I don't think it's bad, but definitely forgettable.

This looks better than the stucco sides of Icon or Foxes, and I totally agree with Architected. As stated in my latter statement, she is incomplete; add orange or red strips of faux mullions where panels connect, she becomes quite nice.
The monochrome sure doesn't do it any favours, It definitely needs some sort of colour. I don't know if it's the best comparison but I like the lime green flourishing Vibe Lofts on 106 Ave has, at least it's somewhat interesting and stands out.

Walked by the site tonight and yeah, the building is about as exciting as unfrosted bran flakes. I don't think it's bad, but definitely forgettable.

The monochrome sure doesn't do it any favours, It definitely needs some sort of colour. I don't know if it's the best comparison but I like the lime green flourishing Vibe Lofts on 106 Ave has, at least it's somewhat interesting and stands out.
That works too. You stated about "monochromatic" which is the key problem with stucco or concrete for they have no sheen to activate like glazing or lux panels therefor it requires accessories, in this case faux mullion was suggested for it would most likely be the cheapest method and probably the most affectively method if you ask me. This is just one method to incorporate with such dull pallets from my approach.

Back