Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Will they at some point stop the testing given the trains can not run until the structural piers are replaced? Or can they operate from the transit barn that were constructed and operate from Davies to Downtown
The piers affected are between Davies and Downtown. They are just past the north end of the station.

Running between Millwoods and Davies doesn't provide much benefit IMHO.

I think the catch will be trains having to go back to the maintenance facility at night. I wonder if system-wide testing can proceed from Avonmore-102 Street or Mill Woods-Davies.
Saw a two car train between Roper Road and MacIntyre road this afternoon. Yesterday afternoon I saw a train down between 31 Ave and 28 Ave as well. I think they are still doing some testing/training on the Millwoods portion of the line.

2 Trains, 2 cars each out and about in Mill Woods today, last night at least 1- 2 car train running past midnight. Watched it just about take out a vehicle that tried to turn from N 66 St to E 28 Ave when they didn't have a green arrow.
I guess you have to keep your motorpeople busy somehow if you're paying them but the line isn't running.

They were testing downtown yesterday so the elevated section is still being used
It's not. I know an operator, he said that it was driven over to DT one morning, and by the evening they were told not to drive it back. Now for the next while, it is stuck on the other side and won't be able to go back to Gerry Wright for maintenance or cleaning. Maybe they should take a note from when Calder had an isolated streetcar stub line, and build a temporary storage/maintenance yard for it haha

Last edited:
I wonder if TransEd will ocme up with a more definitive list of the piers needing repairs. How many need minor repairs? How many need major repairs or even replacement?
Probably will not be replacement but with see some steel collars on most of them if not all of them. What I am hearing its an expansion joint or a missing component that was not caught in the shop drawing phase. (But that is 3rd party talk).

Who wore it better, 2022 valley LRT piers or the 1913 high level bridge?
D81B6757-2BC6-41D9-BDCF-902CC1946B7D.jpeg

Back