Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Can the trains traverse this part of the flyover? It seems to me that much of the testing on each segment of the line has been done with one, or maybe two trains, and none of the testing goes outside the section.
I've seen trains up there testing - infact I have a photo of one leaving the north end of the station somewhere. That being said as of Thursday there was grounding cables installed at the north end of the guideway north of Argyll on Thursday. Today the cables are gone however there is barricades across both tracks in that location.

I wish Edmonton went with stringing together precast concrete segments for the Davies section much like what Vancouver and Calgary did. I really hope there aren't structural problems especially since the guideway looks massively over built for light rail vehicles.

A colleague of mine on the project says there's been way to much disagreements and finger pointing in the emails to suggest the line is going to open anytime soon.

13_1298566001.jpg

Barricades are still across both tracks at the north end of the elevated section.

Also noticed last week the fleet of human pylons were deployed at every intersection from 38 ave south to the Terminus at MWTC. Not sure why as these signals were previously in service, so what happened that they are no longer?

If this is true, why wasn’t this issue resolved earlier?
That's what I was wondering too. I'm not a concrete guy so can someone explain how this is discovered years later?

Especially after the last cast concrete ordeal, you would think every bit of testing and engineering due diligence would be performed on all other project structural concrete to ENSURE the rest would be up to code. Unless there was a lot of results that came back marginal with an upper mgmt decision (gamble) to "wait and see"?

It would be really nice if Transed was transparent and answer questions when the general public inquired about things they see happening out and about on the line. I'm pretty sure I'm on ignore on their twitter account.

I wish Edmonton went with stringing together precast concrete segments for the Davies section much like what Vancouver and Calgary did. I really hope there aren't structural problems especially since the guideway looks massively over built for light rail vehicles.

A colleague of mine on the project says there's been way to much disagreements and finger pointing in the emails to suggest the line is going to open anytime soon.

13_1298566001.jpg
Hmmm maybe we'll have to wait till next summer to get all of it done

Back