News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Capital Line LRT

It would be council's decision, though.
I think their point is that it was their decision, albeit indirectly, because the transit plan they recently approved doesn't mention it anywhere; it doesn't even appear on the map. So they didn't have a formal vote to take it out per say, but the direction they approved doesn't call for it anywhere.

I don't see them ever putting two stations there.
One (115 Ave) will be built within the next six years, and the other (119 Ave) in the long term, contingent on the redevelopment making it up there. A staff member told me a while back that they also plan to improve Colliseum Station, like they did with Stadium Station (but the underground portion is likely to remain open), in the short term (possibly as early as 2023); these changes are already budgeted for. Colliseum Station won't close until the second station is open.

Screenshot_20220613-111311_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220613-111401_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
From what I recall, the entrances were axed (as were additional changes in Churchill).

It's really too bad that this particular entrance didn't get redone along with the AGA... for those that recall it had a similar style/roof element.

Historic look streetcar bus connecting University Station, up 112st to Whyte, down Whyte to the SE line station at 83st. Maybe 4 of them simply doing that circle route.
Need more frequency than that. Electrical buses that are a custom design and complement Whyte - University historic aspects like a streetcar fed by battery charging rather than overhead wires. Enough with the clutter.

Last edited:
I rode on the Capital line last Thursday with my girlfriend and I'm going to do it again tomorrow for K Days. My only complaints that I had were they needed to clean up Churchill station. The smell of urine was horrendous and full-time security should be hired. Even with me (I'm a bigger guy, 6’3, close to 300 lbs)my girlfriend was nervous to ride it. I can only imagine what women who are alone would feel. People need to feel safe to increase ridership across the city.

Why can we spend billions on new lines but not 5mil to refresh stations with paint, cleaning, finishings, etc?

Maintain what we have please Edmonton. LRT stations should be like building entrances and lobbies. Impressions matter.

I rode on the Capital line last Thursday with my girlfriend and I'm going to do it again tomorrow for K Days. My only complaints that I had were they needed to clean up Churchill station. The smell of urine was horrendous and full-time security should be hired. Even with me (I'm a bigger guy, 6’3, close to 300 lbs)my girlfriend was nervous to ride it. I can only imagine what women who are alone would feel. People need to feel safe to increase ridership across the city.
Make your thoughts known to people who matter.

Back