Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Wonder what they choose to name the plaza for playoff time. My suggestion "The oil field at Ice District."
They've had it branded Scotia bank before, you know because its the Bank District... It was for the 2020 playoff bubble and the recent hometown hockey event.

Hub1.png

Now that the plazas open, I really hope the city considers putting in a crosswalk over 104 Ave at 103 St. This area should put pedestrians first. While you’re at it, diet 104 Ave down to 4 lanes and add a wide median with trees and art.
I don't know that a crosswalk would have much benefit to it. And that's not even considering the cost, both in $ and traffic issues.

If the intent is to get to Rogers for an event, use the WinterGarden (Ford Hall) as intended.

If the intent is other pedestrian circulation in the area, shifting one block east (to 102) or one block west (to 104) would have to be done anyway, so no significant time or convenience savings at all.

Now that the plazas open, I really hope the city considers putting in a crosswalk over 104 Ave at 103 St. This area should put pedestrians first. While you’re at it, diet 104 Ave down to 4 lanes and add a wide median with trees and art.

Will 104 Ave will be down to two lanes in each direction west of 107st once the lrt is in place?

Making the section east of 107st to four total lanes and adding those elements to 104 Ave sounds good to me.

Will 104 Ave will be down to two lanes in each direction west of 107st once the lrt is in place?

Making the section east of 107st to four total lanes and adding those elements to 104 Ave sounds good to me.

According to the project plan 104 Ave will be two lanes in each direction between 121st and 107th so it would make sense to continue that until at least 101st in my opinion.

1651459764796.png
1651459793850.png

I don't know that a crosswalk would have much benefit to it. And that's not even considering the cost, both in $ and traffic issues.

If the intent is to get to Rogers for an event, use the WinterGarden (Ford Hall) as intended.

If the intent is other pedestrian circulation in the area, shifting one block east (to 102) or one block west (to 104) would have to be done anyway, so no significant time or convenience savings at all.
It would just give pedestrians more options to cross and would slow traffic down. 104 Ave shouldn’t be a traffic gutter through our downtown. It should be an elegant boulevard Main Street with emphasis on the dense urban form around it.

I drove through downtown around 11:30pm ~ midnight and there was still quite a lot of movement and people in patios, etc...
Was nice to see
If they had won, 11:30 would have just been entering party time.

Back