Jasper House | 108m | ?s

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Disagree. It will look sharp and there is a method to the madness.

Hold on for the ride
Edmonton has a history of renovating based on the trend-du-jour, often with poor results. Just take the Milner library, which was a modernist gem that could have had a sympathetic redesign to accentuate the existing style. Instead we got a glorified shed with a sterile, if modernized, interior.

Crews on site today. Probably setting up to replace the rest of the windows, *edit* they have one of those window washing/replacing platforms rigged up in front

20220412_093717.jpg

Last edited:
Edmonton has a history of renovating based on the trend-du-jour, often with poor results. Just take the Milner library, which was a modernist gem that could have had a sympathetic redesign to accentuate the existing style. Instead we got a glorified shed with a sterile, if modernized, interior.
There is often nothing more painful to look at than a building from a different era that has been modified to try make it look new. It usually doesn't fool anyone and ends up looking like some hideous amalgamation of different design.

I think unlike places that have more buildings from different eras, we sometimes tend to go towards mono culture, which can be boring and eventually design fashion changes and they all look dated anyways. Yes, fix up and maintain the older buildings as needed, but keep the character.

I'm confused by this; is the 2nd tower going to move forward at some point? Is that what the renderings are for? I thought we'd see a DP at some point, but this thread has been just about windows for the past few months and it's so anticlimactic lol

I'm confused by this; is the 2nd tower going to move forward at some point? Is that what the renderings are for? I thought we'd see a DP at some point, but this thread has been just about windows for the past few months and it's so anticlimactic lol
@Vacs said to hold on for the ride soooo...hold on for the ride!

Back