Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Taken April 9, 2022
20220409_203130_HDR.jpg

20220409_203237.jpg
20220409_203152_HDR.jpg
20220409_203206_HDR.jpg

I can't wait to see the CRU's around the plaza filled.

This DP popped up again:

Permit Description
Construction of (a) new building(s), Addition to Existing Building, Exterior Alteration, Interior Alteration, Change of Use
Permit Status
In Progress
Permit Address
10305 - 104 AVENUE NW
For CWB tower, changing from former apartment housing use to commercial office use. DP is for 16 storeys.

Yes, the proposed CWB building is actually fairly nice. Is is still officially 16 storeys, or are they going for the extra several floors talked about?

If they are lucky, they will also get some really good free advertising with camera shots of the area for hockey games and other events.

A lot of bank branches huddled on the ground in the district, but only one bank tower - so far. The local company may outshine all its bigger eastern competitors here.

Yes, the proposed CWB building is actually fairly nice. Is is still officially 16 storeys, or are they going for the extra several floors talked about?

As far as we know, it's still 16 stories, but the contingency for the extra height makes me hopeful. Depends on how their expansion plans go over the next few years.

I'd love to see this rise to 21 floors, just so it would pop out more in the skyline.

When I went by the other day it did not look like it was near ready.
You have to think they are absolutely scrambling to try to get it ready. Playoffs at a location like that would be a massive money maker and really kick them off into summer on a good note.

My family owns a restaurant near the old arena. Playoff games probably damn near paid for my parent’s house

As far as we know, it's still 16 stories, but the contingency for the extra height makes me hopeful. Depends on how their expansion plans go over the next few years.

I'd love to see this rise to 21 floors, just so it would pop out more in the skyline.
The height will only rise above 16 storeys if we see another amended Development Permit be submitted, but who knows if that'll happen?

Back