Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

In this day and age, surely technology exists to track actual times. I'm not sure if it is if it is lack of effort or lack of interest that keeps them from dealing with things like this.

ETS as an organization has a very bureaucratic mentality, anything that might improve the user experience seems not to be a high priority. Then they wonder why people are not so enthusiastic to take transit.
Maybe having a P3 for the Valley Line is a good thing after all

FMtJ9GGXsAwRR-1

FMtJ9GTX0AgWdWj

FMtJ9GNXoAMRc8f

FMtJ9HMXoAUeHip

Kinda sad that the train frequency is so low that there's a demand for live tracking of the trains. Ideally, train frequency would be high enough that you wouldn't have to worry about the schedules but could still catch a train within a five minute wait but idk when we'll see those train frequencies all day again.
In my experience the frequency, especially in the last few weeks has been pretty good in peak hours, and I’m taking it from Mck/Bel to SG so it must be even better from HSJ to Churchill, but it’s still majorly lacking on the weekends. This false perception that Edmonton is a 9-5 5/7 city needs to end. Every time I go on the train on the weekend, it’s not completely full but most seats are taken because people want to get out. Most people will just drive if they can over waiting 20 minutes for a train.

So Testing has started across the bridge today. And Churchill Square station is a hive of activity today.
I sure hope the late July date is set in stone because just over a week later Muttart stop could be very useful for a good 25,000 folk music enjoyers. I also hope they open it before Folk fest because it’d be a good sign that they’re confident in the job, and are prepared to run it at full capacity.

In my experience the frequency, especially in the last few weeks has been pretty good in peak hours, and I’m taking it from Mck/Bel to SG so it must be even better from HSJ to Churchill, but it’s still majorly lacking on the weekends. This false perception that Edmonton is a 9-5 5/7 city needs to end. Every time I go on the train on the weekend, it’s not completely full but most seats are taken because people want to get out. Most people will just drive if they can over waiting 20 minutes for a train.
LRT frequency on the Capital Line is no worse than 15 minutes and that is only during evenings and all day Sunday. Midday weekday and Saturday frequency is 10 minutes. The perception of not completely full, but most seats taken on weekends is because ETS runs 2 car trains on the weekend vs. 3 car trains on the weekdays. Yeah, sure, more frequent service would be great, but, the ridership, even before Covid, doesn't demand it, in particular when they are only running 2 and 3 car trains.

The street trams on Valley Line are subject to other vehicular traffic and volumes on the roads, blockage from stalled vehicles, accidents, slow drivers, emergency vehicles, snow plotting, road rage … the list goes on. What good is having next tram signs at the station displayIng a time when it is a prediction at best and the reality is the tram will “soon come” as the Jamaican saying goes and not to worry about it.

Downtown Construction
  • Starting March 2, two northbound lanes on 107 Street between 102 Avenue and 103 Avenue will be closed. The southbound lanes will be converted into one lane in each direction to allow two-way traffic. No parking will be permitted on the east and west side of 107 Street near the worksite.

Back