Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Agreed. This is also thinking wayyyyyy out ahead, but i'm excited to see how ridership grows/changes with the Valley Line, particularly to West Ed in 2027. Transit gains riders not just from having lines/bus routes going where people live, it also needs to get them where they want to go. being able to relatively quickly and reliably take transit to destinations other than downtown is going to hugely improve the utility of ETS to a lot of people. i think we won't just see ridership grow by the ~15%-transit-using-population of people within the 'cachement' of the line (ie the normal transit modal share across the city) but rather a disproportionately larger increase, as more people choose to use transit because it takes them places they need to go effectively.

I hope WEM sponsors a train and names it the 'WEM Express'.

Given your previous role at the EDBA I am surprised at your comment. IMO, the City could do better by branding its tram fleet to promote going DOWNTOWN. Too much ETS Logostuff is taken up on the trams when the City could be promoting Downtown and Festivals.

I think Edmonton Transit would do well to promote its destinations, either on LRT or at the LRT Stations. The Valley Line could promote the River Valley, Arts District, and eventually West Edmonton Mall. The Capital/Metro Lines could promote the Ice District, Edmonton Elks/Commonwealth Stadium, and the University of Alberta/NAIT.

Given your previous role at the EDBA I am surprised at your comment. IMO, the City could do better by branding its tram fleet to promote going DOWNTOWN. Too much ETS Logostuff is taken up on the trams when the City could be promoting Downtown and Festivals.
Tongue firmly in cheek*

*except for the waterpark for it is amazing.

I think Edmonton Transit would do well to promote its destinations, either on LRT or at the LRT Stations. The Valley Line could promote the River Valley, Arts District, and eventually West Edmonton Mall. The Capital/Metro Lines could promote the Ice District, Edmonton Elks/Commonwealth Stadium, and the University of Alberta/NAIT.
Given the LRT will go throughout the city (well not so much north yet), it makes sense to promote destinations and events throughout the city. The lines converge downtown, so certainly a significant amount of this promotion could be given to downtown attractions and event, but not all of it.

It must have been a wonderful day to walk across the Tawatina Bridge.
I was going to go for that very walk today but the closest I got was around the Strathern Dr area. So nice out though and I clicked this pick of the lucky bastards on the bridge haha!
DSCN8558~3.JPG

Back