Footprint Development | ?m | 6s | Landmark Homes | Next Architecture

@Avenuer do you have access to any renderings of this development that you could grace us with? 😜🙏🏼
NO:

fsdfdsfdsf.png

fsdfsdfdsfds.png

These elevations kind of remind me of NYC's Projects buildings. Does that mean instant slums?
What?? What about these elevations suggests "slums"? To me it looks like a pretty average mid-rise building (maybe better than average if some good exterior design happens)

What?? What about these elevations suggests "slums"? To me it looks like a pretty average mid-rise building (maybe better than average if some good exterior design happens)
I am with the kid, @archited
These might not be the most inspired design, but it certainly doesn't scream slums to me.

It's a new building so it will take a few years -- but it will get there. Not every new project proposed needs to ring out as an example of "excellent design"; we need a little discernment, especially on a Skyrise Cities site that calls out to innovation and social betterment. This building is crap and I don't mind saying so.

@archited what part of this is crap?

The height? To me it says more European-sized building rather than slum. I'd prefer 10 to 15 storey mid rises with a higher FAR if we aren't getting a high rise, but 6 storeys isn't all too bad.

The design? I can't read into that until we see better renders, maybe the windows too small? It doesn't look that bad to me though.

The materials? Nobody can have an opinion on that from these photos.

I think you are being a little harsh. What exactly is crap here...

It's a new building so it will take a few years -- but it will get there. Not every new project proposed needs to ring out as an example of "excellent design"; we need a little discernment, especially on a Skyrise Cities site that calls out to innovation and social betterment. This building is crap and I don't mind saying so.
If this is bound to become a slum, so does half of Edmonton, because it is a pretty generic building that will blend in anywhere in town.
We also haven't seen materials, etc., So it might end up decent, while not inspired.
I get it that you would like to see better architecture, you're an architect after all. So would I, and probably most of the forum contributors here, but I think you're being a little to harsh a little too early. Let's at least see some renders first.

Materials??? Lipstick on a pig. Renders with some nice foreground landscaping and people walking around??? This is the most generic rectangular box that I have ever seen. Praise it if you like, it is still crap.

Materials??? Lipstick on a pig. Renders with some nice foreground landscaping and people walking around??? This is the most generic rectangular box that I have ever seen. Praise it if you like, it is still crap.

Some of the nicest buildings in the world are generic rectangular boxes, just with nice materials and thoughtful accents and ornamentation. Not that I think that's what will happen here, but having a basic white rectangle massing model doesn't preclude a building from being high quality. It likely won't be amazing going off history, but it could still be a lot better than other buildings we've seen recently.

Back