Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I'm beginning to worry that it's not actually going to be an Oilers store, but rather zamboni space for the plaza rink. The June 2021 floor plans show just a small space there, and the rest of the area in the podium as Available Retail. Hopefully it just isn't updated, though? The Ice District Authentics website is selling stuff for now and says pickup is available in Ford Hall during Oilers games. I really hope they do end up with a full store, because it's absolutely absurd that they don't have one right now.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 11.00.11 AM.png

From: https://oneproperties.com/assets/Pr...l/ICE-District-Brochure-June-2021-Low-Res.pdf

As I remember that was for the Zamboni, and yes it would make sense to have an Oilers store some where in the plaza. But maybe they think the ones in the concourse and the pop up one in ford hall during games is enough?

So much available retail space in the area you would think they would want to have a store in the Plaza area to create some traffic and support for more potential retail.

^It's both. The façade change is for a roll-up door for the Zamboni.

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 395066341-002
Description:To construct exterior (removal of a door and glazing and replace with an overhead glazing door) and interior alterations and to renovate and operate a portion of the event level 1 (ground floor) that is a General Retail Store in Ford Hall, adjacent to the Ice District Plaza main entrance to Rogers Place to create a room to park a Zamboni (ice resurfacer) to be used to maintain the ice rink in the plaza.
Plan 1620220 Blk 2 Lot 3
10220 - 104 AVENUE NW
Plan 1425251 Blk 9E Lot 5
Applicant:DIALOG
Create Date:2021/05/07
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN
Issue Date:2021/05/21
Class Of Permit:Class A
Add To Results
Reference Id:Job No 400008826-002
Description:To construct exterior and interior alterations and to continue to operate an existing General Retail Store. (Oilers Retail Store)
Plan 1620220 Blk 2 Lot 3
Applicant:TBD ARCHITECTURE + URBAN PLANNING
Create Date:2021/06/18
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN
Issue Date:2021/07/08
Class Of Permit:Class A

Too bad it wasn't further along as in complete. There will be lots of people coming to Edmonton for those World Cup qualifying games in mid November and I'm sure many will be checking out Ice District. Would have been a great opportunity to pick up some Team Canada gear not to mention Oilers jerseys for all the eastern Canada folk 😄
And if they don't have it done in time for World Juniors coming up that will be another major missed opportunity.
I guess you can buy gear inside Ford Hall and the arena though.

You are right - Ice District lost out on a great global marketing opportunity. I am not sure though if the local Canada Soccer Committee is doing anything at Commonwealth like a tailgate party or in Churchill Square.

Actually I forgot that the PBR event is going on at Roger's Place on Nov. 12-13 also, so Edmonton will have a few big things going on in mid Nov.
I haven't seen a lot of promo for the bull rider's event yet. Not sure what ticket sales are like.

No date for physical store opening yet though:

Back