News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Municipal Politics

A reminder that we will also be "electing" senators during the municipal election. The protest vote is Duncan Kinney, who I'll be voting for just to stick it to Jason Kenney.

I would have cast my vote for Karina Pillay, the former mayor of Slave Lake during the wildfire. But I too will vote for Duncan Kinney just to spite Jason Kenney.
I will vote against equalization just to dig my heel deeper into Kenney.
I will vote for permanent daylight savings time but only because the NDP raised this issue first!

I would have cast my vote for Karina Pillay, the former mayor of Slave Lake during the wildfire. But I too will vote for Duncan Kinney just to spite Jason Kenney.
I will vote for permanent daylight savings time but only because the NDP raised this issue first!

You can vote for up to 3 candidates.

Permanent dayl savings is a really bad idea no matter no matter who brought it up first. If we were to stay on DST it will not get light out until 10:00 around here and about 10:20 around Grande Prairie. Kids will go to school and then go out for recess when it is still dark. What is even worse is voting for something out of spite.

Night and day is not a switch. Latest sunrise is currently 8:50 which would be come 9:50 if all year DST. Nautical and civil twilight Extends before this so it will not be pitch black until 10 like stated. I am not for or against permanent daylight savings time, I just like to clarify facts and contradict exaggerations. Best case scenario for me would be to pull a Newfoundland and split the difference with half hour lol

Last edited:
Night and day is not a switch. Latest sunrise is currently 8:50 which would be come 9:50 if all year DST. Nautical and civil twilight Extends before this so it will not be pitch black until 10. I am not for or against permanent daylight savings time, I just like to clarify facts and contradict exaggerations. Best case scenario for me would be to pull a Newfoundland and split the difference with half hour lol
Pedantic ls the word I think you are looking for.

As if 10 minutes one way or another will have any difference on the mental well being of the people who have to endure the depressingly long hours of darkness in the morning. Your facts will provide little solace.

Thanks - I will just cast 1 vote for Duncan Kinney.
And yes I have a serious hatred and loathing for the incompetent man-child Jason Kenney, therefore I will vote accordingly. There is nothing you can do to stop me!
while that's tempting, it still legitimizes the whole process/question in a way that spoiling your ballot (which is also counted) does not.

I don't want to spoil a ballot that may help determine who will be the next Mayor of Edmonton and City Council. Therefore I'd say use your ballot to vote against Kenney's idiotic policies.

I don't want to spoil a ballot that may help determine who will be the next Mayor of Edmonton and City Council. Therefore I'd say use your ballot to vote against Kenney's idiotic policies.
I think the municipal election voting is on a separate ballot. You will be given a second ballot for those other questions so you can destroy that ballot without impacting city vote.

Back