Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I just hope that the podium will look better with the actual material finish than it does in the render. I think the towers will look fine from a distance
From a distance ... so did Peregrine Place from the top of the river valley on 109th street and Waterfall Hill ... and then you would drive down cross the bridge heading downtown have the universal WTF moment ... smack ... and the ugliest building on the planet was in plain view. That was then and this is now and the Milner Library has replaced Peregrine for the ugliest building in town. I doubt that Falcon will be in the running to replace the Milner though.

Last edited:
I just hope that the podium will look better with the actual material finish than it does in the render. I think the towers will look fine from a distance
Based on how meh the Fox tower podium turned out I wouldn't count on it. I really wish the city didn't tolerate Langham's race to the bottom mentality.

Nice to see Graham on the job. Haven't seen them doing much that isn't infrastructure around here in EDM lately.
Yeah, they were attached to several projects for a long while before moving on, like Windsor Terrace, Block BG, CNIB... but they are on this one, Norquest, working with Civida on a couple...

Graham Infrastructure seems to have pivoted to the Lower Mainland. They are involved with many of the Metrovan projects I inspect for.
Graham Infrastructure is trying pretty hard around here to win work around here but just aren't successful. They bid both the Fort Road and the Yellowhead Expansion projects (which went to PCL and Standard General, respectively), and are a bridge sub now for SG on the YHT project.

Yeah, they were attached to several projects for a long while before moving on, like Windsor Terrace, Block BG, CNIB... but they are on this one, Norquest, working with Civida on a couple...
Isn't Norquest a Clark project?

Graham Infrastructure is trying pretty hard around here to win work around here but just aren't successful. They bid both the Fort Road and the Yellowhead Expansion projects (which went to PCL and Standard General, respectively), and are a bridge sub now for SG on the YHT project.

Isn't Norquest a Clark project?

Clark is doing the current greenspace redevelopment, but I believe Graham is linked to this one.
1630700103686.png

A Falcon Will Rise!
Sep012021
Graham was recently awarded the CDN$53 million Falcon One project in Edmonton, AB. As the name implies, it is the first of Falcon Towers’ two phases.

Falcon One will be a 30-storey, 240-unit residential high-rise tower located in the City’s downtown. The building will be 104th Street’s most elegant high-rise. It will include a five-storey underground parkade, a two-storey podium with commercial retail and amenity space and provide stunning views of the North Saskatchewan River. The structure will be concrete and is being built on a brownfield site that was previously a surface parking lot.

Graham has been working with the client, Langham Developments, to provide budgets and constructability feedback since 2018, but construction was delayed due to COVID. Falcon One is our fifth tower for Langham Developments.

Our team has already mobilized to site, and excavation is underway.

Back