East Junction | 86m | 25s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Regency has done a lot for the city they have completed numerous projects throughout the city and are a company we should be promoting. They were one of the first to invest in downtown and continue to do so. Just because a few sites need a bit tidying doesn't mean you slander everything they have done.
Isn't that how reputation and trust in relationships works though? Difficult and slow to build, but quick to destroy, and even harder to gain back a second time.

I don't discount that they have done good things in their past, but their current choices leave a lot to be desired.

Regency has done a lot for the city they have completed numerous projects throughout the city and are a company we should be promoting. They were one of the first to invest in downtown and continue to do so. Just because a few sites need a bit tidying doesn't mean you slander everything they have done.
Slander - the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation. I'd use the statement "slander everything they have done" carefully. Stating that a company has left multiples sites in poor condition for a numbers of year, which is a fact, is a far cry from spreading falsehoods that damages a reputation. In fact, I think they have done enough on their own to damage their reputation by leaving various sites in poor, potentially unsafe condition that is an overall detriment to the community for the past several years. By ignoring that Regency has left the sites in the condition that they have, which is quite poor, it possibly could enable other developers to accept that that is an acceptable standard to leave their sites in as well.

Last edited:
Slander - the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation. I'd use the statement "slander everything they have done" carefully. Stating that a company has left multiples sites in poor condition for a numbers of year, which is a fact, is a far cry from spreading falsehoods that damages a reputation. In fact, I think they have done enough on their own to damage their reputation by leaving various sites in poor, potentially unsafe condition that is an overall detriment to the community for the past several years. By ignoring that Regency has left the sites in the condition that they have, which is quite poor, it possibly could enable other developers to accept that that is an acceptable standard to leave their sites in as well.

Thanks for the explanation of slander. Obviously you have a bone to pick with Regency as an organization. Personally, I would rather commend them for investing their capital in projects no one else would. Contrary to what you may believe, development is a very difficult business and Regency has been a successful company in developing projects in Edmonton.

Thanks for the explanation of slander. Obviously you have a bone to pick with Regency as an organization. Personally, I would rather commend them for investing their capital in projects no one else would. Contrary to what you may believe, development is a very difficult business and Regency has been a successful company in developing projects in Edmonton.
yes, development is a very difficult business. so is being a restauranteur. or an oil field supply firm. or a senior's facility operator. or just about anything else if you want to do it well.

but if you have been a successful company in developing projects in edmonton, shouldn't that make you more and not less willing not to leave sites in that condition for years on end?

and if you haven't been a successful company in developing projects in edmonton, doesn't that simply increase the onus on the city of edmonton not to allow sites to be left in that condition for years on end?

Thanks for the explanation on development....but they aren't investing...that's the problem. They are holding onto land in prominent areas that have overall negative contributive impact on the community with large pools of water, broken concrete and rebar sticking out, and chain link fences that have fallen over in some cases. You're giving them a pass on that because they've developed before? Here are some solutions, if they aren't going to develop the land, put nice hoarding that is decorated by local artists, or make it a temporary park with benches. Other developers like Alldritt seem perfectly capable to do exactly this, Regency can as well they just choose not to. Yikes, this screams "good enough" attitude.

Ok then, proceed to rip into Regency.
Hey guys, why get into a polarized argument like the current politics (gong show that we can all take less of). You can probably both agree that the company has invested a lot and added to the built environment in Edmonton. You can also probably agree that there are at least two sites that have been left in poor condition which is disappointing, especially due to their prominent locations and the time left in said condition.

If you can agree on those two points we can move on?

Pouring floor 8 today hooray!
2021-05-14 005.JPG

A shot from MacNalley lookout yesterday. It was the first time I've noticed the structure peaking over the horizon.
It should make quite the impact with another 16' ish floors to go (here's hoping that the finished product will look better from a distance than what's rendered, lol)

2021-05-29 201.JPG

Back