East Junction | 86m | 25s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
As of today
2021-04-20 005.JPG

Regency pulled the same thing with 121 West. Was supposed to be built as an 8 story and 6 story. During construction, they changed it and is 10 & 9 stories now. I’m okay with more height, but feel like they now might be trying to push things through after consultations and everything have completed.

I'm okay with this development not changing. Compared to what was there previously this will be massive influx of residence. Yes I get it Regency would like to make more money by having more units but I think they will do pretty good right now. Maybe if they add a couple more floors onto the buildings without increasing the footprints of the entire complex maybe residence might go for it but in this case I'm glad that the community did oppose any additional changes.

I don't think this one had any ground level podium/retail, which seems to be a poor choice. I think some of the other mid-towers are supposed to have more of a podium/retail design. Perhaps @Avenuer might know more.
Maybe the commercial will start to pop up in buildings closer to the LRT station 🤔

I'm glad the city turned Regency down in their request to add more units. As far as I'm concerned the city shouldn't do them any favours until they start cleaning up their sites around the city. What goes around comes around.

It would be nice if they stopped building ugly buildings too (Pearl is the exception)

Yes, I am so glad City Council showed some backbone on this. A lot of consultation was done with the surrounding community and this is the compromise that was arrived at.

I don't think the developer is helping their cause by trying to push back now. Probably also didn't help them that their reputation is not so good right now, but that can be fixed if they put in as much effort into fixing their sites as pressuring City Council.

Looks like there was a concrete pump installed on the tower portion yesterday, so this should start to go faster.

The next midrise next to this is also at grade now with rebar for the core of that building above grade. Think those are 12 floors and the building between the two is six (that one hasn't begun yet). It appears they are beginning to dig on the northwest corner of the site as well.

I don't think this one had any ground level podium/retail, which seems to be a poor choice. I think some of the other mid-towers are supposed to have more of a podium/retail design. Perhaps @Avenuer might know more.
No retail spaces are planned for on the ground level for Building 1 (the tower currently under construction), just residential units.

I'm glad the city turned Regency down in their request to add more units. As far as I'm concerned the city shouldn't do them any favours until they start cleaning up their sites around the city. What goes around comes around.

Regency has done a lot for the city they have completed numerous projects throughout the city and are a company we should be promoting. They were one of the first to invest in downtown and continue to do so. Just because a few sites need a bit tidying doesn't mean you slander everything they have done.

Back