Brighton Block | 24m | 6s | Primavera | Hodgson Schilf Evans

What do you think of this project?

• I like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
^^
that building is a 50's spec clunker with no redeeming heritage features outside of the nondescript clinker brick on the front. it's rife with asbestos, no operating hvac or electrical, no current code accommodations or fire separations, no elevator... it's held in a trust and could be bought (although not cheaply) and could be a lovely little infill site combined with the gem theatre site beside it.

^^
that building is a 50's spec clunker with no redeeming heritage features outside of the nondescript clinker brick on the front. it's rife with asbestos, no operating hvac or electrical, no current code accommodations or fire separations, no elevator... it's held in a trust and could be bought (although not cheaply) and could be a lovely little infill site combined with the gem theatre site beside it.
Good to know. Hopefully the space is used properly moving forward and relatively soon rather than sit in the condition it is in next to two gems that are seeing new found life.

^^
Do you know if the Gem Theatre marquee was saved when it was taken down?

^
i do not... i believe that the city of edmonton carried out the demolition so someone there might know. hopefully if they did save it it's not stored in the same place as the fan sculptures from the 97th street bridge or the metal sculptures from the 97th street city market.
What are these sculptures you speak of?? I vaguely remember something located on the 97th Street overpass but I can't remember what they look like and I had no idea that the old city market had sculptures on it in the first place!

BB2AE017-8C2A-45B5-B559-87D4B047B8F3.jpeg

Back