Edmonton Motors Lands Redevelopment | 170.07m | 56s | Pangman

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
@StopDropandLOL attached is the final email that I received from Harrison Wolfe... note the date in the upper right corner.View attachment 243189

Interesting, because here is the e-mail sent to staff on March 19, 2018 detailing the sale of the building and the move to the west end. Why he wouldn't just tell you that the building was sold already I'm not sure, unless the sale was still pending.
email.JPG

^ Yes, I can't suss Wolfe's motives. As I mentioned the email that I shared was the final communication -- I had been talking with him for months previous. I think it more likely that he was weighing different options and had finally settled on one, perhaps even using my communications to sweeten another deal.

C.2 Edmonton Motors (Development Permit)
Kevin McKee - Pangman Development Corporation

Motion of support
The Committee supports the landscape / public realm design concept for 115 Street,
including development within the road right-of-way, and would encourage the City
to not only support this proposed approach but to extend the proposed landscape /
public realm treatment south to 100 Avenue and beyond.

CARRIED

I spoke to a GC today who said they were getting some numbers together for "116th and Jasper where there used to be a car dealership" so I can assume he means this site... Progress?

SECOND EDIT: thanks to the mod to moving this to right place.

Last edited:
Description: To construct a 352 Dwelling Multi-unit Housing building with underground parkade (Edmonton Motors Phase 1 - Area A).
Permit date: January 14, 2021
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class B
Address: 10035 - 115 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: OLIVER
Zoning: DC2,DC2

Looks like they're starting with the south tower:

1610726935094.png

Description: To construct a 352 Dwelling Multi-unit Housing building with underground parkade (Edmonton Motors Phase 1 - Area A).
Permit date: January 14, 2021
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class B
Address: 10035 - 115 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: OLIVER
Zoning: DC2,DC2

Looks like they're starting with the south tower:

View attachment 294197

Does anyone have the "It's Happening" GIF for me to borrow?!!!
So glad to finally see it going up! This stretch of Jasper sticks out like a sore thumb, on both sides of the avenue and maybe having something go up there will finally be the little push that it needs to get things going!

Does anyone have the "It's Happening" GIF for me to borrow?!!!
So glad to finally see it going up! This stretch of Jasper sticks out like a sore thumb, on both sides of the avenue and maybe having something go up there will finally be the little push that it needs to get things going!
giphy.gif
7cc.gif

There is bound to be some Planning and Design changes as the project moves from proposal to construction documents. I hope that they have paid close attention to the podium comments that I sent to them.
Maybe the rest of the Oliver residents in this forum would care to join me in sending in more comments!

Back