• I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like a condo sales centre for this project will be opening up at Westmount:

Reference ID: Job No 286232146-001
Description: To place a temporary sales trailer for sales of condominiums in north section of Westmount Shopping Centre parking lot (condominiums to be built at 11350 128 Street)
Plan 5079HW Blk 20
Applicant: ABBEY LANE HOMES, LINDSAY MACDONALD
Create Date: 6/28/2018 1:07:35 PM
Neighbourhood: WOODCROFT

This was originally part of the Charles Camsell development, but looks like it's being developed by Abbey Lane now.

PERMIT_DATE October 22, 2019
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 11350 - 128 STREET NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD INGLEWOOD
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct FOOTINGS AND FOUNDATIONS ONLY (underground parkade) for future apartment building - Greenstone Park.
BUILDING_TYPE Parkade (490)
WORK_TYPE (01) New
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 3,616,670

(the lower orange square)

Crazy missed opportunity for townhouse-style units at street-level...
Yeah, there have been a lot of new developments in the 83 Ave area east of Gateway that have done a good job at that. The front door style to the sidewalk and sometimes even patios that also interact well - really helps fight the notion of folks not wanting to live in ground level suites.

PERMIT_DATE February 10, 2020
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 11350 - 128 STREET NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD INGLEWOOD
JOB_DESCRIPTION To Construct a new apartment house with 89 dwellings (4 storeys) on an underground parkade (266961193-006).
BUILDING_TYPE Apartments (310)
WORK_TYPE (01) New
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 19,305,862

So I go by here fairly often. It has been moving slowly. This summer the 4 story building south of the avenue from the main site finally took shape. it has been OSB all summer. EXCEPT IT HASN'T. By chance, i meandered down the alley to see THE FREAKING THING IS MOSTLY CLAD on the south (rear, hidden) side. here's a sunset pic of the building. I like the colors; the photo may not show it well, but there's nuanced green accents, and the greys have depth (and aren't slathered all over the poor thing like you-know-what on 121st street). i really liked it. I really hope they can get this thing sealed up properly before winter. Interior is still studs and mechanicals, as far as i could see through the windows.
IMG_9313.JPG

This is part of the same project?
yup, as far as i can tell, at least. It shows up in the bottom of this site plan, although to your point it isn't on the more recent DC2 revision (which maybe can be attributed to the fact that it was already under construction). idk. I always got the impression this building, just south of 114, was part of the whole Camsell thing.
1600743576457.png

I'll see if I can walk by this evening to check.

Back